About This Episode
In this episode I will give you the benefit of my experience of over 400 ASQA RTO audits. As an RTO Consultant of many years, I’ve been around the block when it comes to audits and I’ve even conducted many audits on other people. But I wasn’t always an expert. In fact we all start off as novices at everything, right? Listen up as I go through my journey right from the beginning as a novice… there is a lot you can learn about how to do it and also, how not to do it!
In this episode you will learn:
- How I got through my first experience of certified training
- How to come back from having 80% of your program declared non-compliant
- How I sold my RTO and made a success of it
- Why you should do a mock audit well in advance of the real audit
- Why you should never take the recommendations of an audit personally
- What the regulators really want
- Why regulatory bodies won’t tell you what assessment tools to write
- How to contextualise your assessment tools for your target audience
- How a wide scope of qualifications might affect an audit
- What to do when your policies get ripped apart
- How I got into the position of no non-compliances for four years
- The importance of a good team
Season 2, Episode 31 ASQA and the VET ReformHosts & Guests Angela Connell Useful Links https://www.asqa.gov.au/rto/focus-compliance https://www.dese.gov.au/skills-reform-consultation https://www.asqa.gov.au/about/how-we-regulate/regulatory-strategy Connect with...
Over the last 10 years we have experienced massive changes within the training industry. Since the inception of ASQA in 2011, we have experienced the highs and lows of regulation, including the pressure on RTOs with over regulation.The tides are changing, with ASQA...
Season 2, Episode 27 5 Critical Aspects of a TASHosts & Guests Angela Connell Resources Top 5 Mistakes RTOs Make eBook Share Episode Facebook Twitter LinkedInAbout This EpisodeIn this episode I explain what you need to have within your Training & Assessment...