In this episode, we get to learn more about David Dugan, founder, business coach, and mentor at Abundance Global, a full service business coaching company that caters to small to medium-sized business owners.
David shared how their company adapted to the pandemic, the strategies they came up with to help their clients, and the strategies the company implemented to thread their way through these challenging times.
We also get to learn more about David’s thoughts on technology and innovation, his passion for business and helping business owners, and more personal, motivational stuff.
- Who David is and what does he do
- David is the founder of Abundance Global, a specialist business coaching and mentoring company that caters to small to medium-sized business owners. They help business owners to have the confidence in their business as a pathway for them to have our remarkable life.
- “We love working with small to medium-sized business owners. They’re the backbone of every country. They employ more people, they take the biggest risks, and they’re the innovators of the future.”
- David shared his personal and professional background – his education, qualifications, and his love for business.
- “I felt that the security of what I used to do, I had to put that aside and move into something that was going to be more impactful on the planet.”
- What has been David’s biggest challenge through isolation and COVID-19?
- What the pandemic did to David’s company and his team was to speed things up in setting up their original plans through technology. They had been prepared for Covid but what they hadn’t prepared for is the speed that their members were going to get affected.
- “We put our business to the side and just said, ‘Okay, we have to give unprecedented value now more than ever before’. Not only because our members need it, but also that meant it was important for our business to do the same thing as well. So we just put everything aside and we’re going to double down on everything we do.”
- What were the strategies that David went through to figure out their members’ needs?
- David discussed in detail how they gathered the key information their members wanted and needed, and shared the strategy they used to process that data into an actionable plan that helped their members.
- According to David, the CEO of Google X predicted that the rate of change that humans move on is a very linear path, our ability to adapt to change. But what’s happened is the globe and the world around, and the speed of change has surpassed the ability of humans to adapt to change.
- What are some things that can help other people win their business?
- “The only reason we are in business is to solve other peoples’ problems.”
- Angela believes that listening is key and that as a trainer you can learn so much from your clients. “Teach to learn.”
- What does David think is his biggest achievement through all this?
- “The business-owner mindset is very much the same as someone who’s deployed in a wartime operational environment.”
David Dugan on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/daviddugan/
David Dugan Website: https://www.daviddugan.com/
Abundance Global Website: https://www.abundance.global/
Angela Connell on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/angelatkconnell
Angela Connell Website: https://vivacity.com.au/
Education in Isolation Podcast: https://vivacity.com.au/podcast/