Season 1, Episode 21
How to be Audit Ready – P2
About This Episode
In this episode I will give you the benefit of my experience of over 400 ASQA RTO audits. As an RTO Consultant of many years, I’ve been around the block when it comes to audits and I’ve even conducted many audits on other people. But I wasn’t always an expert. In fact we all start off as novices at everything, right? Listen up as I go through my journey right from the beginning as a novice… there is a lot you can learn about how to do it and also, how not to do it!
In this episode you will learn:
- How I got through my first experience of certified training
- How to come back from having 80% of your program declared non-compliant
- How I sold my RTO and made a success of it
- Why you should do a mock audit well in advance of the real audit
- Why you should never take the recommendations of an audit personally
- What the regulators really want
- Why regulatory bodies won’t tell you what assessment tools to write
- How to contextualise your assessment tools for your target audience
- How a wide scope of qualifications might affect an audit
- What to do when your policies get ripped apart
- How I got into the position of no non-compliances for four years
- The importance of a good team
One of the top non-compliance at an ASQA Audit is often the Trainers Matrix and this is due to a lack of knowledge on what should be included within the Trainers Matrix and how to ensure that it is compliant. What we often find is that the Trainers Matrix does not...
There is a change with how we are regulated, and it is for the better!As the national VET Regulator, ASQA's role is to ensure quality vocational education and training so that students, employers, the community and governments can have confidence in the integrity...
So, you've decided to launch an RTO. This is a big journey to go on when you decide you want to start an RTO, And for those that are already in the training industry, you know how difficult it can be to maintain your ongoing compliance.Starting an RTO is not like...