In this episode, we learn about the technical hurdles Bruno Cozzi’s company, Blue Gems Software, are facing during the pandemic. He also shares how his company is coping up and how they are helping other businesses to cope up too.
Bruno discusses more technical information on getting a business’ content into the online space, ways to convert content into consumable content online with different tools, how RTO’s are adjusting before and during the pandemic, and more.
- Bruno is the managing director of Blue Gems Software, an application development company developing software for business applications
- They are developing primarily online and face-to-face learning management systems
- They were first introduced to this field after a client wanted to capture knowledge and learnings from their contract services, and so Bruno and his team built a knowledge management system for this client.
- What has been Bruno’s biggest challenge to his business since Covid-19?
- Before, their clients were asking questions about how to do face-to-face training, but with the technology now, clients are asking how they can move into the online space. How do they embrace a virtual classroom technology into their syllabus? And also how to convert a lot of their content to online?
- Bruno discussed challenges with workplace assessment in terms of working on real live equipment
- The transition process that most of their client’s have taken up was with using first video conferencing to continue delivering our face-to-face courses to their clients
- “What we can see is a lot of our customers are turning into “Netflix-like providers” in that, you know. ‘Here’s this stuff that you can do online, but by the way, you can go into this gallery and download this one and watch that episode’ and so forth”.
- Bruno’s biggest achievement from going through all of this
- Bruno believes that the pandemic situation has confirmed what their company, as a technology company, has been saying for a long time, and that is that recognising the trend that they’ve been following for many years is now starting to bear fruit and value
- Why have some RTO’s closed shop, even before the subsidy announcements?
- One downside Bruno found for not having a face-to-face environment is in the area of internships
- One big part of transitioning face-to-face training to online is engagement, specifically maintaining the team’s engagement with the training.
- Where does Bruno see the training industry and his business in the next 12 months?
- Bruno and Angela talk about data management and reporting with current and future systems, and KPIs versus the survey method of improving the business.
- “The top three problems that we’ve seen the training industry have are; one is compliance, two is time, and three is money.”
- How does Bruno keep himself motivated every day?
- “Motivation for me has been about solving problems. That’s what I love doing – solving problems.”
Bruno Cozzi on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bruno-cozzi-5b44657/
Blue Gem Software Website: https://bluegem.com.au/
Angela Connell on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/angelatkconnell
Angela Connell Website: https://vivacity.com.au/
Education in Isolation Website: https://vivacity.com.au/podcast/