About This Episode
In this episode, I discuss the impact of the VET Reform and how you can have your say in it, including the standards, quality issues and future workforce requirements. Also, how exactly is VET Reform going to affect you?
VET Reform is the biggest thing to happen to the industry since we moved from state regulation to national regulation. Nowadays the government and the regulator have more teeth because it’s moved from a framework to legislation. If you don’t want to leave yourself exposed to non-compliance and you want to have a say in how you are judged in future, listen to the show!
In this episode you will learn:
- What changes we need to be ready for
- Why August 21 is an important deadline
- The viability of the VET market
- Why we need a benchmarking guide
- The implications of micro-credentialing
- How to improve the quality of VET in schools
- How we can raise the standard of training
- Why younger people are put off apprenticeships
- The inconsistency of ASQA auditing and how we can change this
- How to have your say in the future of compliance
- Why VET Reform is necessary and what opportunities it presents
The VET Reform is going to have a huge impact on the VET Sector, have you voiced your opinion yet and provided feedback in the latest Skills Reform Surveys?
For more information about the Skills Reform and how you can get involved, go to: https://www.dese.gov.au/skills-reform-consultation
Season 2, Episode 31 ASQA and the VET ReformHosts & Guests Angela Connell Useful Links https://www.asqa.gov.au/rto/focus-compliance https://www.dese.gov.au/skills-reform-consultation https://www.asqa.gov.au/about/how-we-regulate/regulatory-strategy Connect with...
Over the last 10 years we have experienced massive changes within the training industry. Since the inception of ASQA in 2011, we have experienced the highs and lows of regulation, including the pressure on RTOs with over regulation.The tides are changing, with ASQA...
Season 2, Episode 27 5 Critical Aspects of a TASHosts & Guests Angela Connell Resources Top 5 Mistakes RTOs Make eBook Share Episode Facebook Twitter LinkedInAbout This EpisodeIn this episode I explain what you need to have within your Training & Assessment...